The highlight feature of the Kumbh Mela is the bathing ceremony (snan). Millions of people travel across the globe to take a dip inthe Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati during the festival as it is believed by doing so one gets free from the baggage of sins committed in his lifetime and also attains salvation which is freedom from the cycle of birth and death.
This author has not written his bio yet.
But we are proud to say that admin contributed 53 entries already.
Entries by admin
What do saints and sadhus, sannyasis (renunciants) and businessmen, housewives and farmers, teachers and students, scientists and the superstitious, poets and politicians, mystics and beggars all have in common? The quest for immortality! What else could bring together such a multitude of individuals to one congested river bank for forty days?
Story Behind Kumbh Mela History: It is described that while Durvasa Muni was passing on the road, he saw Indra on the back of his elephant and was pleased to offer […]
Latest Kumbh Mela Updates
- Kumbh Mela Nashik 2015 Road maps, Parking space and Routes for DevoteesAugust 29, 2015 - 8:36 pm
- Where Shahi Snan will take place during Kumbh Mela 2015 NashikMarch 17, 2015 - 11:05 am
- Nashik Kumbh Mela updatesDecember 8, 2013 - 1:36 am
- Widening of Shahi Marg from Tapovan to Ramkund Godavari for Nashik Kumbh 2015July 13, 2013 - 9:10 pm
- Maha Kumbh Mela at Nashik Maharashtra India Year 2015May 7, 2013 - 8:33 am